Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Native

I bought a bouquet of a native flower that is new to my personal flower arranging and gardening vocabulary. Its common name is Blushing Bride, botanical name is serruria florida, a member of the proteaceae family. It is a lovely flower, and my local florist loves it. She has been recommending it to me for months, whenever it is in good condition. It is now and she suggested it again, this time I agreed to try it (I had never seen it before).

It is a lovely flower, creamy white with pretty pink and scarlet details.

I have done up a pretty vase with this and took a few photos. My photo library of reference materials and inspiration is growing nicely. These blushing bride flowers are really pretty, I will be getting these again sometime. Hope you like them too !

No comments:

Post a Comment