Wednesday, November 9, 2011

DC Big Flea

I was in Washington DC this weekend and went to check out the DC Big Flea, a vintage and antique wares show, held several times a year in the area. Saw heaps of interesting stuff. Lots of Christmas ornaments. Vendors brought out their holdings of vintage fur coats, not my thing, but there were hundreds of old fur coats across the whole show floor. Lots of old toys, ceramics, dishes, furniture, old Bakelite phones, old magazine covers and adverts, costume jewelry, and more more more.

I found several finds. Two fab vintage dresses, one with faded velvet ribbon trim and the other one without buttons. A great beaded vintage purse in a cornflower blue colourway that matches one of the dresses. Old timber spools I will use to wind up and hold some vintage ribbons and passementerie trims. Two vintage magazine covers with cute animals. An old cutter quilt. Same cool finds indeed.

This photo above shows some old timber boxes. Soap boxes to be precise. Now I know what it means to get off one's soapbox. They are bigger than I thought. You really could stand up on one !

No comments:

Post a Comment