Monday, September 27, 2010

Why Weed ?

While in Montreal I saw the most curious backdrop to weeds I have ever seen ! Yes, to weeds. I walked by this two days before I really "saw" it. Very cool, painted road barriers or some other concrete building materials. Look at the snazzy citron and green weed colors dressing it up ! Once I noticed, I admired this idea and its execution.

How clever is this ? Why pull weeds, when you can instead give them a backdrop that makes them look like they should be there. I am not sure this will put me off weeding, but this outlook and perspective is one that could be useful, or at least interesting. I wonder what other things there are in our lives that could be made to appear different, just by changing their setting or context ?

Seen last week, in front of a parking lot in the city of Montreal, on Rene Levesque Blvd.


No comments:

Post a Comment