Thursday, August 6, 2009

Turquoise Teal Blues



Hello There, it is great weather here and the past weekend I was painting the upstairs studio. I had found a photo in a magazine while traveling and it had a feature wall in a gorgeous bright teal blue color. I liked it so much, I kept the pic. This past weekend I matched it up to a paint color by Bristol called Dreamy Teal. Which I have put in the studio kitchenette wall. And it looks great ! The studio is not done yet, but it is coming along (it doubles as a guest suite).


I must have had this color on my mind more than I realized, because when I reviewed my recent travel photos, I found a recurring theme of it ! I found:





A great looking retro bicycle in a shop
window in Montreal. A fabulous chandelier in a shop in the village of Farnham, in Surrey in the UK. Also in Farnham I saw this fantastic old timber fruit or veg storage cabinet.
I would have acquired any of these items if it had been more practical to get them home !

And flying into Chicago O'Hare airport (ORD), I got a great photo out the plane window as we approached the city, at the lakeside. It was a brilliant day and the lake was a great color.

I am sure this won't be the end of my love affair with this great color that can inspire dreams of water, sky, and freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment